- How do I submit a work request?
There are multiple ways to submit Facilities Services Work Requests:
- How do I know if the work I'm requesting is standard maintenance or if my department will need to pay for it?
Generally speaking, if it is “part of the building”, there will be no charge, but if an item is owned by a department, such as a framed photo, filing cabinet, special built-in work area, etc. the department will be charged.
- Does Facilities Services do our work during regular work hours?
Yes! All work is done during regular hours (7:30 AM to 4:00 PM) unless special circumstances exist so that after hours work is scheduled with Facilities Services.
- How do I get our floors stripped and waxed and our carpet shampooed?
Floors are scheduled to be stripped, waxed or shampooed once per year. For special service above the annual cleaning, please submit a work request online or call the Work Management Center at (352) 392-1121.
- How do I get our office furniture moved?
- How can I rent tables, chairs, stage risers, etc.?
- Where can I file a complaint our comment about facilities cleaning or custodial services?
- How do I ensure that my invoice is paid from a Requisition/Purchase Order that I have?
Facilities Services billing for internal (University) customers is done through PeopleSoft’s InterDepartmental Voucher process:
- To review your invoice in PeopleSoft, look up the invoice in vouchers at Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Entry > Regular Entry > Find an Existing Value
- Enter the number in the Invoice Number field
- Once you see your voucher, select the View PO/Receiver link to see your PO charges for that invoice line’s expenditure
Please note: Each invoice line may represent a different Purchase Order or different lines within the same Purchase Order.
- How do I find out if all charges have been invoiced (and paid) for my Work Order?
- I am transferring a vehicle. How do I ensure that future fuel and repair charges are billed to the new department?
Have your Property Contact transfer the vehicle through UF’s myAssets system as soon as possible. The Motor Pool will be notified once your transfer has been approved and processed.
- How do I apply as an External Customer (as a non-UF or "cash customer") of Facilities Services?
- Call Facilities Services Billing at (352) 392-4030 to have an application sent to you
- Please complete the form fully including bank and contact information and the signature of your authorized financial officer(s), and return it by fax to (352) 392-8369.
- We will return an approved form to you including the needed PeopleSoft Customer Number and Location for your records
- Whom do I contact with my concerns about campus energy conservation and/or air handling?
- If you are having problems with your space’s air conditioning, call Work Management at (352) 392-1121 to start a Work Order to check your system. Work Management can also have your space’s temperature settings changed.If you want a heat load calculation performed for your department’s space, you may also contact the Work Management Center at (352) 392-1121.
- Our utility bill is higher than normal. How can I learn if our meter reading is correct?
We try to maintain highly accurate data, but there are occasional errors. Call the Energy Office at (352) 294-0645 if a utility bill seems abnormally high.
- Can Facilities Services change my office's air temperature and room lighting?
For sustainability and to limit mold growth, UF keeps most rooms between 72° and 76° F. (if your office is within this range, we cannot raise or lower the temperature unless you have a documented health condition). The exceptions to this rule are laboratories and computer server farms with special requirements.
The current national standard for office lighting is 50 foot-candles of light intensity for office work. Facilities Services can provide a lighting evaluation for your office if it seems abnormally bright or dark.
- How can I learn which department owns a particular vehicle?
UF’s vehicle database can be explored through the Vehicle Search link on the Motor Pool webpage.
- Can I get a copy of my receipt for fuel or vehicle repairs?
Receipts are made available soon after our services are provided. Fuel receipts are available on site (hand-written at the time of pumping fuel). Parts are purchased directly using your vehicle number.
- Why does my vehicle need an Annual Safety Inspection?
UF’s State Vehicle Inspection Program ensures that State vehicles are adequately maintained and operate safely. This annual inspection is mandatory.
- What's the price of fuel at UF?
Against local pricing, gas is always cheaper at the Motor Pool (often, $0.10 to $0.20 a gallon less than elsewhere)! Stop by the Motor Pool or call us at (352) 392-1131 for current pricing.
- When can we bring our vehicle in for maintenance? How long does maintenance take?
Call the Motor Pool for an appointment, otherwise, walk-ins are first come, first served. (Please understand that first responders’ vehicles receive priority service.)
We will get your vehicle back on the road safely and as soon as possible.
- What do I do in case I'm in an accident with a University vehicle?
After attending to any emergency needs first, please call EH&S Risk Management at (352) 392-1591.
- How can I have a University vehicle towed?
For towing during business hours, contact the Motor Pool at (352) 392-1131. You must provide the vehicle number, license tag number, specific location of the vehicle and department.
Vehicles are towed to the Motor Pool. Should you need towing after business hours, contact Max’s Towing, open 24 hours daily, at (352) 377-0525, to have the vehicle towed to the Motor Pool. Towing charges are added to vehicle repair costs.
- How late is Facilities Services open?
Hours of business are 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
Refuse & Recycling
- What products are recyclable?
- Auto Batteries
- Batteries (Rechargeable)
- Cans (All)
- Chemicals and Solvents
- Cotton Goods
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Junk Mail
- Masonry and Concrete
- Office Paper (all kinds)
- Oil and Oil Filters (Used)
- Old Corrugated Containers (Boxes)
- Pallets (Used)
- Phone Books
- Plastic Containers (#1 and #2 Plastics)
- Precious Metals
- Scrap Metal
- Softcover Books
- Toner and Inkjet Cartridges
- Used Lumber (Used)
- Waste Water Solids
- White Goods (white enamel finish appliances)
- Yard Debris
- Are there newspaper recycling bins around campus? Where?
Paper requires protection from the elements, so we rely primarily on interior collection bins for paper, supplemented by over 100 covered, specially-marked, outdoor paper (and cardboard) recycling collection points across campus.
UF has over 800 paper recycling drop-off bins inside academic, administrative and research buildings, with 60 additional bins in the Health Science Center and Shands. There is one exterior newspaper bin at Turlington Plaza, under the shelter of Turlington’s covered walkway.
- How can UF minimize its trash output?
An environmentally friendly choice is to reduce consumption to begin. Buy only what you really need, avoid excessive packaging and buy items that are durable, reusable and repairable.
Reusing, selling and donating useful things you no longer need is also not only friendly to the environment but to people in need. Buying recyclable products can also be a good thing, but don’t fool yourself, recycling consumes resources also. Not everything that is theoretically recyclable is practical to recycle in all situations.