The P.A.C.E. trade-specific educational program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive set of skills and knowledge to build a solid foundation in their chosen trade. Capitalizing off the classes offered through the FaST Path program, the program aims to provide students with a solid foundation that will enable them to excel in their respective fields. P.A.C.E. stands for the four trades being offered via in this program:
- A/C (HVAC)
The P.A.C.E. Program is specifically designed to offer training and education to individuals who are not currently established or working in a particular trade. The program caters to different scenarios, such as:
- Cross Training: It provides an opportunity for individuals working in one trade to receive training in a different trade. For example, someone who is already working in an HVAC position may choose to cross-train in the Electrical trade to expand their skills and knowledge.
- Maintenance Generalists: The program allows Maintenance Generalists to enhance their understanding and proficiency in a specific trade. This enables them to develop specialized skills and expertise in addition to their broader maintenance knowledge.
- Non-Maintenance Professionals: Individuals who are not currently in a maintenance position but are interested in learning more about a specific trade can also participate in the program. This allows them to gain a deeper understanding of the trade and potentially explore career opportunities within that field.
In all these cases, the P.A.C.E. Program aims to provide targeted training and education, providing participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to enter or expand their capabilities in a specific trade. By offering this specialized training, the program opens doors to new career paths and opportunities for individuals looking to enter or advance within the trades industry.
Admission to the P.A.C.E. trade-specific training program involves an application and interviews as part of the selection and placement process. The application can be found here. Please complete and return applications to Building 714 located on Elmore Drive or email to Amy Jones at email@example.com. Current Facilities Services employees are eligible to apply if they meet the following requirements:
- Be in good standing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed six month probationary period
For questions, please contact the Education and Training department at (352) 294-0662.